The best part of being a landlord is receiving your rent payment. The downside is what you have to do to get it. Collecting rent is one of the responsibilities of having tenants, but it can be inconvenient for you to chase down the payment they owe you. Making rent collection easier is one of the many reasons why landlords in Houston turn to 360 Realty & Property Management.
Defining A Landlord's Dream Tenant
Tenants who move into your property fall into four categories:
- Responsible tenants with the proper resources to make their rent payment on time every month
- Ordinarily responsible tenants who have an occasional problem that may make them late, or who fall into a temporary situation such as illness or job loss that disrupts the normal payment schedule
- Tenants who always have an excuse for being late every month
- Irresponsible tenants who you have to virtually chase down to receive what they agreed to pay you
Your ideal tenant is one who pays on time and who does not make unnecessary demands on you, but how do you get a tenant like this? Even if you try to prescreen applicants, you may end up renting to someone who sounded good on paper but who quickly ends up being a problem tenant who doesn't pay.
Owner Services Landlords Love
When you work with a property management firm, the advantages start before a tenant even moves in.
- 360 Realty & Property Management advertises on the local MLS and on more than 30 additional websites to create a large pool of qualified applicants. We then carefully screen applicants to reduce the likelihood that your new tenants will be a problem.
- Once a tenant has moved into your apartment, we have strict policies for rent collection. Your rent is due on or before the first day of the month and tenants have no grace period after that, even if the first falls on a Sunday or holiday. Tenants are charged a penalty if they are late or if they fail to use our convenient online payment system.
While our strict collection policies may sound harsh to clients who are temporarily in a bad situation, our policy is to apply fair housing rules to all tenants. The benefit to you is that you always receive your rent each month in a timely manner. We understand that as a landlord, you have planned to collect that money at a certain time; if you do not get it, it is only fair that you receive compensation for your inconvenience.
- Should it be necessary to evict a tenant, we handle that for you. When a tenant wants to move on, we even have procedures in place to make sure that you receive the proper notice and that the property is left in good condition.
Let 360 Realty & Property Management Oversee Your Property
Working with 360 Realty & Property Management takes away much of the stress art of being a landlord. In return for a reasonable monthly fee, we find you good tenants, manage them while they are in your property, and transition your property to a new tenant when the time comes. For information on how our property management services can help you, contact us today at 281-947-3350.